June 30 is the target....things are lined up pretty well for it all to fall into place, so far!
Solar is complete, and up and running! Beyond the install of the components, it involved interconnectivity with PG&E, internet to be active, and I'll get a walk through shortly on it all but here's the final product...
Electric came back and installed all of the fixtures, ceiling fans, vanity mirror, switches, Starlink internet, and completed the breaker box:
That picture is a great visual for how NOTHING is as simple as I think it is in this construction!
This week the septic system work continued. We passed the seal tight tank inspection. The pump and its control panel were installed and the final Septic Electric inspection happens this coming Tuesday.
The leach line work continued, and on Monday there will be, of all things, a squirt test! This system pumps effluent up from the tanks near the house to the leach field on the hillside, and then monitor wells are dug along the leach lines and the distribution system has controls that dictate which of the lines the system uses, etc. The test involves activating the pump and confirming that all of the designated outlets push water out to 36" high! All that gets tested on Monday.
Lastly, but not least, the cabinet maker, Thomas Loos, came by and installed the shelves above the cabinetry in the kitchen. That was needed to be able to mount the hood vent and finish the lighting that will go under the lower shelves. This gives you a feel for the filling in going on:
Everything is staged for a big surge of activity scheduled for next week:
Monday: Countertops install (kitchen and bathroom), including sinks and cooktop
Tuesday: Appliance install, plumbing installs and hookups (toilet, sinks, faucets, hot water heater etc), completion of the A/C split system (install compressor on the exterior). With that work completed this week all that will remain is the final coat of paint and cabinet covers/doors installed with their drawer pulls. Did I mention already that I have a friend who is an avid collector of things with imagination about their future use...having lunch a week or so ago I mentioned the only thing I hadn't yet sourced was the drawer pulls for the cabinets and he said he had some. I went to his studio/storage and sure enough he has exactly the number I need of the ideal drawer pulls! Grace, yet again....
The moving in part won't be one big pack and drop. I'm planning to bring into the space the larger pieces I'm moving - sofa, chairs, armoire, etc - to evade messing up the paint job on the move during the week of the 17th. I only have about 8 bins of things in addition to that so I'll likely migrate all that over as well and keep it in the center of the room(s). The painters are coming the week of June 24 and I'll make the last haul of things over at the end of that week without packing, just transferring so to speak. I'm only going 2 miles down the road!
On a different but related note...this week I was invited to join my friends Pam Jones and Steve Herskovitz on a 2-hour private plane flight over Sonoma County - they'd won it at a fundraising auction last year and just now got to doing it. It was a glorious clear morning here and we had a fabulous flight - the Healdsburg Airport is directly across Dry Creek Valley from where I will be living, so on takeoff we buzzed our current homes on Brack Road (they're my neighbors across the road) and my new place...here's a snap of the house in it's context - see if you can spot the conical roof!
Life continues to be my ally....for which I remain deeply grateful.







Hey Taya !!! Vinny here !!! Getting it dun !!! Hectic but we’ll going !!! If you need help moving I have a great truck n enclosed trailer I will be glad to help you as my Deltec project is still on hold & I can’t wait to see ur forever home just like mine you keep inspiring me to hang in there!!! Thanks for your courage & determination!!! Forever Vinny !!!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you!
ReplyDeleteContinues to reflect a great vision. yay. I cannot seem to get thru via text or phone. Give a call when able to chat. Hugs to you.
ReplyDelete