Saturday, June 15, 2024

Completion Happens

Epic week of activity....more things that have been in my head are now out in the world.   Here's the recap:

Monday - Countertops were installed!!  Amazing process to watch - and these guys did it all in about an hour and a half...the surfaces had been cut to measurements in the template, with the prescribed edging.  On site, they cut holes for faucets, sinks and the cooktop.




 

Squirt Test for the Septic System...yes, a squirt test.  We passed.   That allowed for the fill of the leach line trenches and grooming of the hillside where the leach field is.  The ceramic structures are monitor well caps.  The County required, at the time the septic plans were approved, that there be monitor wells and I would be required to submit monitoring reports twice a year - validating the system is working properly.  The last inspection for that was for the well caps, ensuring the wells were at the correct depths, and it paves the way for the septic permit being finaled - a pre-requisite for the building permit being finaled.  That inspection got scheduled for Thursday and it resulted in the Septic Permit being finaled!!!!  We are DONE with that.  And, at that inspection I learned that the County no longer requires the monitoring and reporting - oh, thanks for that, so happy I incurred the cost of that element of the system unnecessarily.  Sigh.

Tuesday - I got lucky and sourced some reclaimed pavers from the reclaimed materials place where I got my doors and my sink.  I need them to create a pad for the hot tub, and steps outside my bedroom and bathroom doors and a walkway to the entry patio.  The weight of the palette of pavers required a one-ton truck so I rented one and got help from my friend Kalei to get them, and more importantly, unload them by hand...they used a forklift to put them in the truck.  I took one palette of 240 pavers, enough for the hot tub base and thought I'd do the rest another time.  After unloading and stacking them, I thought while I have the truck, I should just go get what I need, so two more palettes later, Kalei and I unloaded 720 pavers...in 102 degree heat!  🥵

They get placed on June 27, hot tub arrives June 28.

Appliances were installed, plumbing was completed...all the hookups to the sinks, bathroom (yes, the first flush happened!), hot water heater and the utility sink I plumbed into the back patio.  It makes everything come to life more and more...



 

Wednesday - Plumbing continued, grooming of the soils around the perimeter of the house, both to bring dirt back up to the foundation and create both level areas for the hot tub and the compressor for the A/C Splits - they have to pour a small concrete pad for it....



 

Thursday - The final septic inspection happened...and with that, we move on!



So...on Monday the electrician comes back to do the final connections of appliances installed, do the under the shelf lighting above the kitchen counter, the EV charger station and the dedicated outlet for the hot tub outside.  The A/C Split compressor work will happen and then next week the painters come in...that's it.  That's all that's left!

And here's the big news....I'm moving all my things to the house THIS WEEK!!!!  

Stay tuned....we are almost there....




No comments:

Post a Comment