Sunday, January 21, 2024

She has a chapeau!

Abel Martinez, the roofer, and his team have at last completed their task with the metal roof installation!  They were to have started the week of December 18, and taken a few days, but construction issues and the weather have drawn this job out inordinately long.   I'm grateful for their persistence and dedication to the quality job they've done.



They work rain or shine, and to watch them scamper around that slick metal roofing is a tad unnerving I must say!  They use several different resources that keep them from sliding down the panels, amazing to watch and it's evident they pitch their bodies in angles to the roof line that support balance, etc...such skill.

They fashioned a sweet little cap to the roof - the house was to have had a more substantive cupola, a feature I looked forward to but have abandoned.  Initially the plans called for batt insulation in the ceiling which requires venting and the cupola would have been a part of that venting system.  I have since decided to do spray isoprene insulation in the ceiling - it's a tad more expensive but it eliminates venting, which is an even more fire safe choice. That, along with the labor involved in constructing the cupola, and the equipment that would have been required to mount it...for something purely aesthetic, nope.  So instead I get this sweet little feature they made for me at the top:


The only task that remains is to install the rain chains I'm using in lieu of downspouts...that'll happen within the week.

Inside...plumbing is just about done!


 

Electric work begins this week so things are moving at a pretty consistent pace....

My prediction, and my mental adaptation I'm doing at the moment, is that the house will likely be completed but I will not be able to occupy it because it's highly probable the septic system would not get in before that time...we are having SO MUCH rain here.  Much needed and it is the determiner of when the septic can be installed...so yah, I can foresee the house in a state of readiness to be final inspected but not be able to until nature allows the septic system to get in. 

Just sayin'.....there's little that's reliable with respect to timelines and timeframes!

 

2 comments: