This week was a rapid succession of lots of little and not so little things.
The A/C splits were roughed in...the plans had called for ceiling mounted units which would have been really much more aesthetically pleasing than white boxes on the walls..however, it turns out you can't install ceiling mounted units on a sloped ceiling. So, we pivot to wall mounted units, of different BTUs in each location...6k for the Zen Den, 9k for the bedroom and 16k for the living space. Another letting go, adapting moment!
There will be one condenser outside for all three units.
Met with the electrician to finalize the install plan. Learned that the materials and install cost for the interior perimeter lighting I had hoped to utilize was $8700 so we won't be doing that! We have a DIY alternative that will suffice, and we validated where all the switches and outlets would be and I got to pick the face plate color! Wohoo! Going with Ivory, FYI.
The plumber realized that the hybrid hot water heater required both venting and pan drain that he had anticipated putting through a wall that is drawn into the plans but will ultimately have the murphy bed in it, so plumbing can't run through it...that glitch is a function of the County's seeing that room as a bedroom and requiring, hence, an egress, but we can't make that happen cuz the exterior walls were already built and can't be modified. So we built a solid wall where the murphy bed will go and will install it after we get our final clearance on the building permit. Yes, these are the machinations that go on constantly. They had to cut into the slab to run a line out of the house under the rebar...kinda painful to see because as you may have seen in earlier posts..that slab was perfection. It's not a consequential thing and can be easily remediated but it's the fact of it, that it had to be cut into. Anyway, in the course of all that sorting out, we realized we could save on the venting system by having louvered doors on the laundry room - if you have louvered doors a vent is not required, so that was a good catch!
Met with the cabinet maker, and refined the cabinetry plan - so great to have the benefit of those who know and have vision beyond my thinking. Shifted a couple of things and confirmed measurements. Really like where we ended up, waiting on that estimate.
Found a sink! I have wanted to use reclaimed materials as much as is realistic and was out and about on Friday and went to one of the sources for reclaimed goods and found the perfect kitchen sink, a pretty high end brand that was unused, color perfect and I got it for half its original price. Yay!
That day I also just stopped in at Home Depot to grab an additional sample of my Cesarstone quartz countertop I'm using and saw it was at a lower price than my original estimate and there was a 10% off promotion that expired the next day so made that purchase too!
Next week the electrical work will get done and we move on to insulation. Will do a walk through with the electrician on Monday to confirm all the switch and outlet locations. Here's a funny story that prompted the 🤦🏽♀️ in the post title....I stopped by the house on Friday to drop off the rain chains that were delivered so the roofer could install them. When I went in, Alex, the electrician doing the work was there, I met him and then I left. Later that afternoon I had a meeting with Joe at Denny's Electric (the owner) and he told me that Alex called him because I LOCKED HIM IN! I seriously cannot believe I did this but when I got there the door was closed, so when I left I robotically made sure I closed it, and latched it! Oy gevalt.
Helluva way to meet the owner eh?!! Sheesh....a reminder to slow down, for sure.



No comments:
Post a Comment