If you were around this week you might wonder if anything was happening...and it was.
The porch roof extensions are finally ready for roofing. The WUI (Wildland Urban Interface) area I'm living and building in has adopted a bunch of new requirements for materials and expectations of fire resistant (I believe that's a bit of an exaggeration but I digress) building processes so the porch work took a few extra steps - this picture may not look terribly different from the last one, but it is, and she's ready!
Roofers come back on Monday and she should be completely sealed up next week!
Meanwhile, on the inside...framers completed their work and we made some adjustments to the original thinking on a few fronts. Good stuff to have identified now, like adding in blocking between the beams where I'll likely be hanging things so there's more supportive infrastructure and we don't have to hunt for studs in the walls. We added a pony wall in the bathroom for between the shower and the vanity that will let me have the shower controls outside the shower so I don't have to step in, turn it on and maybe get wet with cold water before it's ready, that kind of thing.
The plumber is on site, getting the pipes in, vents in, and we picked out the locations of the hose bibs on the exterior.
Found out that the A/C split units in the plans that are ceiling mounted, which was a great aesthetic option so there would not be the white boxes on the wall that are typical, can't be installed in a sloping roof..so shifted that plan as well...
So we're at that level of activity and decisions...electrician comes next week to walk through and validate everything and they'll get going on the wiring.
A great gift of the week was when PG&E called to tell me that there's nothing more required for them to convert to permanent power, so we are DONE! I had put down a $2500 deposit for the engineering to determine what level of power supply and infrastructure was required to support the ADU given the existing transformer on the property. (You may recall the events when temp power was installed that set this all up favorably -see the blog post from October 12). So now it's just an administrative change of status and a refund of the deposit...yippee!
I'm going to be traveling Sunday-Wednesday of this coming week so won't get to watch the metal roof install but I'm sure Jean will snap some pics for me. Every day a little closer....

Love reading these. Thanks for writing and sharing.
ReplyDelete