Monday, February 12, 2024

WIRED!

I was in Seattle last week so wasn't on site for the day to day progress but truthfully, it's all been electrical.   Alex with Denny's Electric (the guy I shut into the house!) has been amazing.  Once again, things are way more complicated and involved than I could ever imagine - and his skill and competency are pretty awesome to witness - super glad he's on the team!

I honestly don't feel like I have that much going on in this little space and yet, you'd never know it from the wiring!  Wires through the walls, strung through the trusses in the ceiling, within the wall structure, you name it.   




I'm not doing any install of media wiring, choosing to keep things simple. I'm not wiring for sound, internet or cable.  I am likely to use Starlink (have to make peace with giving Elon Musk's company money...not starting there but preparing for what may be inevitable for connectivity in this rural area) and the blue chaser in this image is the infrastructure to support that when/if I install it.

Next is the rough-in inspection and then we get to do insulation!  The doors arrived last week so they'll get framed in and then they can complete the siding on those panels as well.  If we are successful with an inspection this week, insulation should happen within the week and then drywall last week of the month!


 

2 comments: