Today was the third and final concrete pour. It was a gorgeous morning for it. The two patios took 8 yards of concrete and it was pretty swift. They started on the north side of the house.
It's like synchronized swimming - they are so smooth, so in sync and so swift.
Then they moved to the south side.
Then Steve did his smoothing thing.
I cannot overstate the attention to detail, precision and practically perfection this team puts into their work.
I put a tint into the patio concrete, a grey that right now looks more charcoal but will lighten with time Just didn't want it to be plain white concrete! The result is pretty dazzling.
The grooves mitigate cracking. And I chose a "broom" finish on the surface. I think these patios are practically works of art!
I mentioned before how much I admire this team and their talents. When they were done today, they were done. They've been around for two months..I'm gonna miss them. When we parted, I told them how much I appreciated the work they've done, how they've done some of the most important work on this house and I'm grateful for the care, skill and joy and playfulness they brought to the task. I probably mentioned this somewhere else in this blog but I told Casey, my contractor, when I hired him that I would not let any asshole energy work on my house. I can't tell you how great it feels to have the good mojo of this team infused into the foundation of my home...the foundation!
As I left, my boots caked with the moist adobe clay from the site, Alejandro washed off my boots for me...such a sweet and generous gesture.
So, there she rests, until December 4 when the shell arrives. Nothing will happen with the structure until that time.
In the meantime, more straw will be laid around the site because more rain is coming. The septic system is scheduled to go in the week of November 20. 🤞🏽
Right now the schedule is:
December 4- Shell delivery and assembly
December 11 - Roof sheathing install
December 18 - Metal roof install
Aside from getting the temp power set up for the assembly process, that's all we hope to accomplish before the end of the year.
2024 is gonna start with a bang!
















Congratulations on the milestone! It’s gonna be awesome.
ReplyDelete