The only ending to this missive is to give credit to the constellation of people and energies that conspired to make this vision a reality.
First and foremost, I have to thank the COVID pandemic and its requirement to quarantine. That event catalyzed the time and presence with Buzz and Jean that cultivated our connection and laid the foundation for this project to even be considered, let alone agreed upon and launched. For sure, our days and hours of hanging out created a base of experience with one another, trust, and ultimately the desire to let this happen. I am forever grateful for that "forced togetherness" and all that it yielded.
There aren't enough words to adequately attend to my gratitude to Buzz and Jean for their generosity (as in, making this location the place for this home!) and persistent kindness, enthusiasm and shared geeky interest in every step of this project.
I have been buoyed by the uplifting, loving support of SO MANY people..it mattered. A lot. I could feel the wave of "possible" as it built throughout this experience - fueled for sure by all the optimism and cheerleading - it carried me through the many waves of both happy events and challenges. Since most people ask, this home went from raw land with a permit to the house I live in now in 10 months. Not bad.
Then, there's Team Taya. If you've read this story from the beginning, you know there was a rich diverse range of talents that made this thing happen. I was and am in awe of the intelligences I don't possess that others brought to bear, the skillful talented means and the high bar of quality that was applied to every step of this construction. In addition to the litany of friends and family who helped on so many fronts - clearing land, connecting to resources, loaning me trucks and tools, helping with the move, and even contributing financially - here's the roster of all the people who made this literally happen, and it will come as no surprise to you that I love that I know each and every one of them:
| Trade | Team |
| Architect | John Howland |
| Deltec Project Manager | Mark Bennink |
| Soils Engineer | Dave Gius |
| Civil Engineer - Septic | Kurt Kelder |
| Caldwell Trouette Contractors | Casey |
| Joe | |
| Steve-o | |
| JoJo | |
| Francis | |
| Steve Fogle | |
| Ruben | |
| Santiago | |
| Grading/Septic Install | Jeff Caspersen |
| Derrick Caspersen | |
| Foundation | Steve Marcussen |
| Alejandro | |
| Pump guy | |
| Plumbing | Micah Boncorso & Crew |
| Electric | Joe Lickey |
| Alex | |
| HVAC | Dennis Furia |
| Ryan | |
| Shell transfer on delivery | C&A Trucking - Cathy and Brad |
| Shell Assembly/Framing | Jeff Torr |
| Mike Williams | |
| Robbie | |
| Metal Roofing | Abel Martinez & Crew |
| PGE | Brandon Butulia |
| Cabinets | Thomas Loos |
| Drywall | Tsarnas Crew |
| Tile | Dennis Ward |
| Danny Ward | |
| Raul | |
| Paint | Jeff Patton & Crew |
| Septic | Kurt Kelder, Civil Engineer |
| Solar | Jonathan |
| Danielle | |
| Justin | |
| Etched Glass Door and Panel | Emp's Graphic Eye - Bill Empey |
| Vegetation Clearing & Chippering | Paul Waddington |
| Archimedes Cruz | |
| Mike Kammerer |
I am sure I'm forgetting or overlooking someone. On August 29, which will be the one year anniversary of getting the building permit, I'm having a Team Taya happy hour to show some gratitude to this group of people and truly celebrate this project's completion.
With that, I'm ending this routine of publishing the progress on the not so linear path to my forever home. 😊
Congrats Taya on your journey of getting your Forever home done !!! You inspire me to get it done as you know I am so proud of you for keeping the positive ambition & not being discouraged & keep on trucking !!! I am so happy for you completing this journey for your FOREVER DELTEC HOME !!! As you know my journey is still ongoing for my FOREVER DETEC !!! Thanks for your positive fortitude & your HAPPINESS & in getting it done !!! ALWAYS VINNY !!!
ReplyDelete