This phase is definitely fun...some of the work being done has big imprints, super noticeable and other things are less apparent, yet a lot of effort is being put into the little things at this stage.
The headline of the week was tiling the bathroom. Such a cool process to watch happen. The first thing that went down was the floor.
Precision tiling is more like it...Dennis Ward's team, inclusive of his son Danny, have been meticulous in all the ways you'd hope. Straight lines, choices about where to put whole tile, where to cut, etc....next was laying out the shower floor tile. They did a mock up and noticed predictable gaps of varying size between tile elements...so they checked with me about whether I'd be OK with that. I knew it'd be the case...and when I went to go look at it and give the go ahead, I had a notion of what could mitigate the bigger gaps.
If you look closely, you might detect it. A dear family friend, a peer to my parents, Debbie Ruth, shared with me a while back that she collects rocks. She happens to collect heart shaped rocks, which I do as well. She gave me a whole box of them, and I immediately knew they'd be the ideal thing to slip into the space...heart shaped rocks of many sizes, I culled through the stash and picked out ones that were small enough to be candidates and voilà! The tile team loved the idea and set about to drop heart shaped rocks randomly around, so now, when you look down, there's the whimsical appearance of a heart at your feet! 😍
That's how it ended up...and here's the bathroom, complete, and drying: Light and shadow don't help in seeing it in a picture but it's so fabulous...again, another thing you choose from a paint swatch size of example and the relief when it all looks OK at scale!!!
You can see in that image that the vanity drawers were installed, same with the kitchen cabinets:
The facings go on last...and, today the cabinetry was measured for the countertops!
Appliances arrived too:
Electrical will likely get worked in next week, while exterior trim gets completed and I believe the hot water heater is coming in as well...you can see the big equipment outside ready to install the septic system too...step by step!!!





Vinny!!! Looking good your passion & personality is really showing up !!! I’m a positive guy & you inspire me even more to finish my forever Deltec home I hope mine turns out as great as yours!!! Keep it up !!!
ReplyDelete