I wasn't kidding about the roller coaster....lots of things happening quickly, and it's a dynamic set of activities that get scheduled, then changed, then multiple things go on at the same time...you get the picture. And, its ALL good!
The tile crew started their work on the bathroom this week...they laid down material for water protection on the walls and concrete slab, they mudded the pan for the shower, and we passed an inspection for all that.
Trim work continued as well...the doors are all trimmed up ready for painting:
And the light trough that will cast light up onto the ceiling in the living area is installed too...great craftsmanship on the part of Francis and Steve on the contractor's team...
Today, a great gift, the cabinets were ready to be installed. The infrastructure, mind you, the drawers and fronts will come later but these being ready now lets the templates for the countertops be measured two weeks ahead of what was anticipated. I chose to build them at 41" high, for this tall gal. Thomas Loos, cabinet maker, is a rock star!Kitchen...there's a gap on the wall side for the refrigerator...and the bathroom vanity:
Baseboards are arriving today so that will likely start up next week, tiling will be done in the bathroom, On Friday, the appliances are delivered and the countertop templates are measured, with product to be delivered in about two weeks. Like I said, Fast Trackin'!!!
We also had a meeting on site with the excavator who will do the site grading and install the septic system, and the geotechnical engineer (my brother in law) and my contractor to validate the next steps in earth work and clarify how we will use the spoils from the excavation for the tanks, etc...that work will start the week of May 13 so the prospects of having a septic permit finaled in June are going up by the day!
Not a bad way to head into the weekend....
Hey Taya !!! It’s Vinny !!! The other Deltec Builder retired plumber I’m 5’ 7” tall how tall r u I noticed it shower head roughing hight is up there !!! The normal roughing is between 6’ & about 6’ 4” !!! I’m short n like mine about 5’ 10” so it helps deliver the hot water sooner to my back n not cool down a tad as if it was higher just me that’s how I roll !!! Not to late to change it if u like !!! You’ve dun an outstanding Build ur way ahead of my Build !!! I’m both envious & very proud of you !!! Hope this mite help!!!
ReplyDeleteJanet - love, love the progress! I am so happy!
ReplyDeleteIt's looking be-yoo-ti-full! YAY! - xoxoxo Laura, Dennis and Sophie
ReplyDelete