Thursday, October 12, 2023

And the winning number is......4511!

A new address, another step into the realm of the reality of it all.  My new home will be located at 4511 West Dry Creek Road!   It's kinda funny to me that I'm moving from 2311 W Dry Creek to 4511...no need to wonder how far down the road I will be, eh?!!!

The big deal about getting the designated address is I can now get power to the property.  I've mentioned before the temporary and permanent power paths - both are activated, but in order to move forward on the permanent power project, the address is required.  In the meantime, my BFF at PG&E, Omar, got my temporary power scheduled for activation today.  

It was a big day at the site...PG&E first showed up and did as much setup as they could however the existing power pole from which they'd extend the line to my site has a transformer that is not only antiquated, it was leaking.  He could not make the connection.   The good news was that he then put this project into emergency status for a transformer replacement and upgrade and it actually happened TODAY!  


Everyone loves to bash PG&E and I understand there are a lot of ways they can improve but I'm telling you, these guys were skillful, graceful in the task, communicative, and just really decent guys.  They arrived an hour after the request was put in (shocking) and it took about 4 hours to get things set up.   So, in a nutshell, we now have power.  Not only that, but they upgraded the transformer so we may not need to upgrade again for permanent power...remains to be seen but today was a really fortunate day.

I've got a mailbox ordered, and we're going to upgrade the mailbox post at the end of the driveway that now holds 4 mailboxes, soon to be 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment