Friday, September 29, 2023

Fast Forward!

I suppose that may be a relative term but oh my this week a lot got done!  

The rebar came into the scene next, not only the cages at the base of the foundation but all of the rebar that will connect the slab to the foundation.  Each of these rods will be bent over once it's time to pour...

 


Pipes were cut into the form boards to accommodate the wastewater egresses, the electric that needs to run from outside->in and vice versa and to provide for "seep" from under the foundation.   

 

The electric conduit is laid down, and mapped to the places in the house where it's needed with the main panel setup being near the front door.



 I just get giddy wandering around this site!  Seriously this STILL so does not look level to me:


And yet, it is:

 

Today a County foundation inspector came, and the guys had to wait around in a 4-hour window...I brought sandwiches and we sat on my picnic bench under the oak tree...a really beautiful clear air day today...I have such deep respect for their expertise - they are good people with great talent and I remain so grateful for their being on the team.  The inspection passed. 

This week's port-a-potty adornment, therefore, is:

 

In continuing good news, Omar, one of my PG&E BFFs notified me temporary power was approved!  I went today and got the necessary temp and private power pole permits and set up the required inspection for Monday.   My other PG&E BFF, Brandon, who is handling my permanent power application process is going to come out on Tuesday to do his first site assessment and measurements so that's rolling too.  I can't move that forward until I have a separate street address but having gone to the County permit office today, I was able to meet my permit tech, Audrey, and she was in a good and playful mood today so we got a lot done!  She's gonna work on my address next week so fingers crossed, we could have permanent power for the shell install.

A great week.   We pour the footings on Tuesday, wohoo!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment