Since bringing Casey on board in mid-January, he has been putting the team together that will do site prep, grading, foundation build and concrete pour. That's the phase of greatest importance given we are hoping to be able to have the shell delivered by early June.
When Casey and I met, neither of us could believe we hadn't met the other before...I think between us we know almost everyone in town. He's worked on so many people's properties I know about...and, he's got a project management approach that welcomes my involvement to the extent that makes sense. I told him I would get as far up into it as he'd welcome but would not want to be the obstacle so between us we monitor that line. I'm learning SO MUCH. I geek out on all of it and welcome having an intimate familiarity with every aspect of what is involved in bringing this into being.
So, who's Team Taya?
Architect,
General Contractor,
Excavator/Big equipment operator,
Geotechnical Engineer,
Civil Engineer,
Electrician,
Plumber,
Concrete Foundation Contractor
- so far! We've met at the house site a couple of times because the grading plan is not straightforward or obvious. This is one of the consequences of my "out of sequence" execution of this. I chose a slab on grade, given the relatively level site and the ease and economy of the choice. Now that we're looking at what the soils and slope dictate, it's taking some solutioning to determine the most cost effective grading and foundation approach. Fortunately, the team is really experienced, local, and they all have my back for which I'm grateful. My brother in law has suggested a remedy that's being explored and hopefully we'll get that dialed in by the end of the month.
I've reached out to a neighbor who does a lot of vegetation management and forestry support for properties around here who's also a big equipment operator. He and I are going to do another pass on the vegetation clearing to enlarge the envelope and get things ready for the excavator. I'm psyched to get back to learning the land that way.
Timeline, you say? 🤣 If only....and, if the stars align and everything flows as well as it can through the bureaucracy of PRMD, we hope to have permit(s) in April, so the site prep can happen in May and the shell can come in early June.
Another piece of grace in the process...when I lost Damon as the builder, my Deltec rep told me about consultants they have (independent of the company) who can come meet the truck on arrival, supervise the unloading and array of all the resources for optimal assembly efficiency and supervise a local crew to put it all together in 3-4 days. 🤸💫 So I immediately reached out to Jeff, my new BFF, who lives in Texas and he will do just that...come, support the correct and swift assembly of the shell. Such an insurance policy for the manufactured components being put together right, the first time. Not that I wouldn't have faith in a local crew, but this cuts down on the guesswork, the learning curve and the time involved to figure it all out without it. Cannot wait to have Jeff join the team here!!
Loving this...every little thing about it....
Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment